Friday, March 19, 2010

OUCH...

Well today is the day the Stock Advisor came out. One thing I really like about it, is it doesn't just say "this one might work, try that and call me in the morning", they really go in depth about their picks. Not only that, but they give you two. Since I am using limited funding, it gives me a chance to pick the one I like better.

The first option (which I can't name directly) is an "up and comer" in the TV networking business. This company owns networks related to travel, food, and doing things yourself. In the well written article, to further prove its point, the article says "do you watch {insert popular food show title} or {insert popular travel show title}?"

No... No, I do not watch any of those shows. In fact, I can't recall ever (willingly) going to any of the channels those shows are on.

OK so we all know I invest on "feelings" and to be honest I just didn't like the way the article made me feel. The company has reasonable content, but I don't think those channels alone are anything great. Then again I have been wrong in the past.

And while I can't name the second option (so I don't get in trouble for giving away paid for content), I can tell you I just purchased shares in a company called Nucor Corp (NUE) with no apparent outside influence...

Nucor is the number one minimill steel manufacturer in the United States. The reason for this purchase is the steel market is hurting at the moment, but things are likely to pick up again down the line. As I am an economic optimist, I agree with this evaluation, and saw this as a better buy than the first option. Not to mention, everyone knows steel is a comfort commodity.

Its like a really cold, hard security blanket (what?!).

So of course, I wasn't paying attention to the overall market or else I would have noticed the nose dive it has taken today. People are apparently all worried about the Greeks... I am not going to get into that, cause frankly I don't care. All I know is that my shares are not as strong as they were yesterday...


I can't believe I have already put in $700, who knew it would last this long?

Not me...

-tCT

No comments:

Post a Comment