Friday, March 12, 2010

Friends with benefits

So as you all know, I have a love (though little talent) for investing. When I was young, I used to try to hide money, so that I would later find it and it would be like finding buried treasure. In a sense that is how I see investing.

As you may or may not know, I am awful with my money. I love buying things, anything, just for the pure sake of spending money almost. And while I have reined in a lot of my frivolous spending, I still occasionally relapse and spend money on something I absolutely do not need. And that is where investing comes in.

With investing I can get my spending fix, while technically having the possiblity of getting something back for it down the line. It is like a savings account that gives you the added joy of buying something.

Oh it's almost too good to be true!

If you are like me, you buy things and then honestly never think of them again, and if you use that strategy in investing, you can see some real returns (assuming you invested wisely). In fact I just read an excellent article about how the wealthiest people in the world (ie People like Buffett and Gates) generally do very little actual selling of the shares they own. These are people that ride the ups and downs and hold on to their companies.

Of course I plan to do a bit of trading, which includes selling, down the line. Though for my actual investments, I plan to buy a company and hold onto it. Who knows maybe I will make an account on the off chance I have kids who want to go to college. Not that I will have kids any time soon...

So I have prepared some good money for next week and it is already sitting pretty in my trading account just waiting to by used. Oh the excitement is building...

-tCT

No comments:

Post a Comment