Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nike

So I was going to write you today showing off why it is good to have a well rounded portfolio. I had my own portfolios ups and downs as the perfect example. The only problem... I forgot to take a picture of it and now my portfolio is all ups and happy.

I am just too good at this investing stuff to teach you any lessons it seems.

Right.

Anyway, it seems like today everything is good in investing town. My overall holdings are up 6.75%, with a good portion of the being due to my most recent acquisition, NUE. It seems my "blind pick" (wink wink) at NUE was well founded and if things go well could pay for the stock advisor program I bought. Now I am not telling you to go out and buy this program, I am just telling you what I did and the results...

As those drugs say, results may vary.

If you ask me though something simple like.... "Are you pleased with your purchase of the Fool.com Stock Advisor?" I would have to say so far, Yes.

It has only been a little over a month, but of the 4 picks I have been given only one of them has gone down in price, while the rest are up and Rosetta Stone in particular has seen a 53% gain since being picked.

Are they all going to be Rosetta Stone? No, of course not, but that's OK with me.

In short, if I have ever given you the slightest interest at trying your hand at investing, do yourself a favor and head over to fool.com and start a CAPS page. No money involved you just pick stocks, whether you think they will go up or down and a time frame. They will score you on how well your picks go. Then from there, decided if investing is right for you.



We can all use some motivation at times, and well there isn't much better motivation than...

Just Do It.

-tCT

No comments:

Post a Comment