Monday, March 15, 2010

TBD

So today I was feeling a bit, Buy-ie. I was coming off a bad weekend and well I just needed to buy something. I was thinking food...

But instead of buying food, I bought some shares in Bank of America (BAC) and Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-B). Last Friday I was thinking I wanted to make a purchase, and I just couldn't wait till this upcoming Friday. So I didn't.

So why did I buy what I bought?

So when I think of investing, I think of one company. Intel. I love Intel, I just do. They are a very strong company with their foot, body, and a couple Million of their closest friends, in the door of the technology market. They have constantly paid out good dividends and are one of the top companies in the world.

So wait what does that have to do with BAC and BRK-B? Absolutely nothing...

Last week I was trying to think what companies I could see doing very well. There is Berkshire, BofA, and Intel. I decided on BAC and BRK-B because as much as I love Intel, I know that there is a limited amount of short term growth potential at Intel.

Look at it this way, BAC, as well as the rest of the financial sector, is still on pins and needles from last year. People are hesitant to invest too heavily, because they are not sure if the banks are clear of the governments storm. While I can't say one way or another on that, I firmly believe that in the long run, banks will do what they do best, and thats being Banks. There will always be banks, and it just seems logical to invest in one of the worlds largest (and at the moment one of the cheapest). Bank of America is well run, and has a name you can trust... Ok well maybe not trust, but at least we all know Bank of America.

As for BRK-B, well you and I both know I wanted to invest in this from the get go. Since the stocks split, it has consistently gained. This is the mule of my portfolio wagon train, its not pretty, it doesn't run fast, but it will get you where your going every time.

So... wait, what about intel? I am still very interested in owning Intel shares. It seemed though that holding off on buying Intel would be less costly than holding off on buying the other two (at least thats my hope). One day I will buy Intel stocks I promise, but until then we will just have to be happy with what I did buy.


Yahoo has a pretty cool portfolio viewer, it doesn't look exactly how I'd want, but its not terrible.

I am looking forward to this Friday, for the advised stock purchase. I really want to see how effective this method of advised trading can be. Until then...

Another day, another dollar (spent).

-tCT

2 comments:

  1. Odd though this sounds to say, I see you remain committed to this "short term" thing.
    Is that $632.88 in holdings value I see? 13% returns, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, actually 26% returns, for those of you that can do arithmetic.

    ReplyDelete