Wednesday, February 24, 2010

He shoots...He scorecards!

So I have been messing around with the Motley Fool website and it is pretty cool. Most of the features available are like anything you would see on Yahoo or Google Finance. The one difference is the community and the Caps Scores. This site is all about community and helping people invest in good companies.




You can also put your portfolio information on and it will track your portfolio against S&P*. As you can see my gains are about 2.5% versus the S&P gains of about 1.98%.

Also you will notice that I have two different prices for ATVI. I know its not the trade you thought I would make, but... well I think its just too good to pass up. I consider ATVI a part of my core, and having fun with trading has to take the back burner to my serious investing (not to mention it has a 5 star caps rating... hint hint).

With that aside I promise that with the next trade I will purchase something off the recommended buy page they gave me. So far the site seems really good. It follows two founders of the website portfolios and shows their gains vs S&P. For instance one of them has seen a 67% gain on his portfolio! That is huge.

Don't get too excited, those guys are pros. We will have to just wait and see if their site will be beneficial to a novice trader like me.

"Not all that glitters is gold."

-tCT

*S&P 500 (Standard and Poor's) is an index on 500 large-cap, common stocks, that are actively traded. It, like other indices (such as the Dow Jones), are used to gauge the overall market.



No comments:

Post a Comment