Thursday, February 25, 2010

So far, so bueno

Well as you can see I am working up on my Spanish. Why, you wonder? Well because the first recommended stock pick I was given was for Rosetta Stone (RST) and was dated February 19th (the new recommendations come every 3rd Friday of the month at fool.com).

On the 19th RST was trading at about $16.85. From the time they recommended it to the time I saw it (Feb 24th) it had already jumped to about $17.45. Today (Feb 25th) RST has just published their 4th quarter results, and are now trading at about $18.55 after hours. That is a 10.2% increase in 1 week.

...

1 week.

...

While that settles in...

I will let you know that, NO, I did not buy Rosetta after it was recommended to me. I know, I know I should have gone with the recommendation instead of buying more ATVI. How was I supposed to know they would be so right, it was my first time using it...

So it looks like I have missed the Rosetta boat this time, but next time I will actually put my money where my mouth is, and see if I can make money doing exactly what the Fool's tell me. That is the whole point of this project, seeing what works and what doesn't. Not going off and actually investing...

So to you readers, or perhaps reader, I am sorry. The next one will be for real, no take backs.

Tune in next time, same slotmachinetrader time, same slotmachinetrader channel! (probably not as catchy as the original)




-tCT

PS: Literally in the time it took me to write this post RST is now trading at $19.60 after hours...
...
WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment