Monday, January 18, 2010

The Plague

So after learning too much about the company (Citi) I am invested in, I have decided if I am to get rich it will not be with them. I am going to wait and see what happens this week, and if I can break even I will sell. If I can not break even, I will hold until the lose isn't too bad, and then sell.

This company is awful, if you read about how they are run, and what they are doing... WOW! Honestly, the way they are handling the bailout money, and paying it back (or rather getting tax breaks to pay for paying it back) you would think the bank industry is dying. Oh wait, what's that you say? A majority of the banks who were lent money by the government have paid it back already? Citi is sitting on their thumbs you say? No one you know has even seen a Citi Bank let alone banked at one?

Honestly, I am glad I found such an awful company to do my initial investment with. How else would I learn that your supposed to do your research before you invest instead of after. I don't even care if prices do go up in the future and I miss out on some nice gains, I won't be putting any money into Citi.

"Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks" Warren Buffett

We will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

-tCT

2 comments:

  1. Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, and B. of A.'s relationship with the federal reserve and the treasury department has not been arms length since federal reserve act, and maybe even before.
    There is more to this story than bailouts, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the pun with the title, by the way.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    HA.
    ha.

    ReplyDelete