Thursday, January 14, 2010

Well, sir...

I just read an excellent article “How to Fail at Investing in 5 Easy Steps” written by The Motley Fool. I was hoping that I, on my own, was not doing any of those 5 steps… And while I may be at fault for jumping on the Citigroup bandwagon well after its prime, I have not yet fallen into any of the other 5 mistakes… I hope.

Due to my persistent lack of depositing the remaining cash in my account, I have had a lot of time to analyze the stocks I was considering. I am starting to worry about my good friend E*trade. I had hoped that I would get my shares, and then they would go head to head with Schwab on pricing. But up to this point it seems they have no bark, let alone bite. Do I have time, or a dud?

That leads me to Nvidia which is down (as of post), probably because Intel is putting numbers out later today. I am still fairly confident in Nvidia and I am hoping to use it as my anchor in questionable times.

So until someone writes “How to Fail at Investing by Reading theCluelessTrader” I will still feel good and I am having fun trading. Who knew economics could be fun…?


Initial Balance: $500.00
Current Balance: $489.35
Cash: $366.50
Stock: 35 shares Citigroup $122.85 (as of post)
Total (+/-): $-10.65


-tCT

1 comment:

  1. Beware, I'm drafting "How to Fail at Investing by Reading " as we speak.
    When will I publish it?
    What will I put in place of ?
    That's entirely up to you.
    Who knew blackmail could be fun...?

    ReplyDelete