Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Semper Fi

So this morning everyone is waiting on politics... I hate politics. Always ruins everything. Anyway things have been up and down, there have been some good reviews of written by like minded people about ATVI. Shares are up to a little above my purchase price (wish I could say the same for Citi) and I am feeling pretty good.

In other news (if you can call it that) Apple is currently announcing the new iPad. Honestly.... I am not in the least impressed. Sure its a cool idea, but really this was what all the hype was for... a tablet? I am sure it will be bought in droves because where Apple goes ALL must follow. Maybe its just me, but an over sized clunky iPhone is not high on my buy list. And as for apps? Honestly how many apps do you just buy, use once and then end up just taking up space (and money).

Don't get me wrong, Apple is going to kill, financially, with this product. From an investers point of view this is gold. The Apple Army will hear Steve's summons and buy this and any and all apps (which cost nothing for Apple to make, but get their fair share of the profits). This will be a must have for anyone who sits in a cafe dying for attention.

Cynical? Me? No... Ok maybe. Don't get me wrong, I own a Macbook Pro, its pretty nice. I have always loved Apple cause they have always done their own thing and made things useful (and cool). But that is what I don't like about the tablet... usually they blow your mind with the products because they come out of nowhere. But the iPad was there, its not new, its not even that innovative. Maybe this is the turning point for old Apple, perhaps Jobs has lost his magic touch. I doubt anyone will notice with only a $499 pricetag...

Semper Fidelis

Initial Balance: $500.00
Current Balance: $469.06
Cash: $224.82
Stock: (as of post)
35 shares Citigroup $110.60
13 shares Activision/Blizzard $133.64
Total (+/-): $-30.94

Sorry about the rant...
-tCT

No comments:

Post a Comment